1. Employees (including, without limitation, part-time or temporary employees) of WTSA (the Station), contest sponsors, and their respective parent entities, subsidiaries, affiliated companies and advertising and promotion agencies at any time during the applicable contesting period and the immediate family and other household members (i.e., spouses, parents, grandparents, children, grandchildren, roommates, housemates, significant others, partners and siblings) of each of the above are NOT eligible to enter and/or to win the Contest. In addition, employees of other media within a 100 mile radius of WTSA studios are not eligible to enter.
2. Persons who have won another contest or promotion of any kind from the Station within the immediately preceding thirty (30) days or prizes valued over $600 within the immediately preceding twelve (12) months are NOT eligible to enter and/or to win any other Station contest, unless expressly specified otherwise in contest rules for the specific contest at issue. For contests that run beyond thirty (30) days, contestants may only win one prize per contest.
3. No purchase is necessary to enter or win.
4. Station is not responsible for any technical difficulties experienced due to overload, busy signals, loss of phone service, electronic problems or any other factor that may prevent an individual from completing a phone call, receiving an email, accessing the Station website, or for any technical malfunction related to any telephone connection, servers, routers, or any other technical problem that may impact entry, participation or prize claim. Station not responsible for any printing errors.
5. All entries become the property of the Station and will not be acknowledged or returned. Entries received that are mutilated, tampered with, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. Entries that are determined to be fraudulent will be void, and the person making such an entry barred from further participation in that contest. Incomplete entries may be disqualified in Stationís sole discretion.
6. One or more contests may be announced from time to time. Station may run more than one contest simultaneously, but entries will only be solicited for one contest at a time.
7. Depending on the contest, the Station will designate the required method of entry. The following apply to the applicable entry method designated:
a. For call-in contests, entrants will be asked to call in on a designated telephone line (the phone number will be given on the air) at a particular time or times. At the time that calls are solicited, the criteria for winning will be announced (e.g., first six callers, tenth caller, first caller with the correct answer). Only those calls to the specific phone number provided, at the time calls are solicited, shall be eligible to win. Calls to the main Station phone number or any other phone number are not acceptable. Winners will be selected in accordance with the criteria announced when calls are solicited. If the Station receives less that the requested number of calls (e.g., only 9 callers when the Station is looking for the 10th caller to win), Station reserves the right to re-conduct that contest at a later time or cancel that winning opportunity and not award the associated prize. In the event that after an amount of time that Station (in its sole discretion) deems reasonable after the contest announcement there is no winner, Station reserves the right to re-conduct that contest at a later time or cancel that winning opportunity and not award the associated prize. For call-in contests that require entrants to answer questions or perform in some other manner, such contest will be judged by Station personnel, and the decision of the judges will be final as to all matters, including (i) the order in which calls were received and (ii) whether any answer required to be given is correct or the ďbestĒ or most desirable. By calling the Stationís call-in or request line, each contestant gives permission and consents to Stationís recording and/or broadcasting contestantís name, voice, participation, and the substance of the contestantís telephone call. Contestant agrees that no additional compensation will be paid for such usage.
b. For mail-in contests, entries must be received at the announced address by the announced deadline. Such entries will only be accepted by first class United States mail and not by fax, hand delivery, overnight or same day courier, unless expressly specified otherwise in contest rules for the specific contest at issue. Only one entry is permitted per envelope (multiple entries within the same envelope will be disregarded). Mail-in entries must be legible and contain all information required.
c. For entry box contests, entries must be deposited in the official entry box by the announced deadline. Unless otherwise specified, only official entry blanks are eligible (no mechanical reproductions will be accepted). Official contest entry blanks are only available at the location of the official entry box while supplies last.
d. For Internet based entries, use of robotic, automatic, programmed or similar entry modes is prohibited and will be void. In case of an identity dispute, the registered user of the email account on the date of entry will be the recognized user.
e. For contests involving Stationís obligation to notify qualifiers or finalists or where there is a deadline for prize claims, if the Station did not have actual contact (in person or telephonic) with the winner as part of the contest, Station will only be required to leave one message at the number provided in the entry form (if applicable). If no answer or answering machine is reached, Station will not be obligated to attempt any further contact. However, Station reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to attempt to contact any qualifier/ entrant/ finalist/ winner more than once and shall not be required to attempt to contact all qualifiers/ entrants/ finalists/ winners an equal number of times.
8. If a name is announced on-air as a potential winner who is required to call-in to win, only the actual person who entered can win and must be the person who calls in. Persons having the same name will be disqualified if not the actual entrant.
9. All prizes awarded on-air must be picked up at the Stationís studios at 464 Putney Road, Brattleboro, VT 05301 during normal business hours of 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Prizes will not be mailed, unless otherwise determined by the Station.
10. Prizes will be released to winners only. Winners may be required to present a valid state photo ID and valid social security number in order to pick up any prize. All winners may be required to sign a Release relieving the Station, its parents, subsidiaries, officers, directors, members, managers, employees, agents and contest sponsors from any and all liability with respect to the contestantís participation in the contest and the receipt and/or use of the prize. Any person who refuses to sign the Release and/or provide a social security number will forfeit the contest prize.
11. Station reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for all contests and giveaways. Non-cash prizes are not redeemable for cash. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
12. Prizes not claimed within thirty (30) business days of being awarded, or in the case of a time sensitive prize, within its period of usability, shall be considered forfeited and will become property of Station. Such prize may be disposed of at the discretion of Station Management.
13. Winners are responsible for paying all applicable local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prize, as set forth in the contest rules, and will be issued an IRS 1099 form for all prizes won from Station where the aggregate value of all prizes is $600 or more.
14. Specific restrictions regarding awarded prizes will be provided, if applicable, to the winner. Unless restrictions delivered to a specific winner differ from the following, the following will apply generally to prizes awarded in Station contests:
a. Any prize involving air travel will include only round-trip, coach-class air transportation from a commercial airport specified.
b. Any prize involving overnight accommodations will include only one room, double occupancy; room and tax only; neither incidental expenses nor ground transportation will be included, unless otherwise indicated.
c. Any prize involving travel (overnight accommodations, flight, motor coach, and/or rail etc.) may require that the winner and/or the winnerís guest(s) be over 18 or over 21.
d. Any prize involving travel (overnight accommodations, flight, motor coach, and/or rail etc.) is based on availability and subject to additional restrictions including blackouts, peak period restrictions and expiration dates imposed by Station, sponsors and/or agents participating in the contest. These restrictions are not subject to negotiation. In addition, such winners/guests are solely responsible for obtaining any international travel documents, visas or passports required. Reservations are non-transferable, and once booked and confirmed may not be rescheduled.
e. With respect to travel and/or event tickets of any kind, Station and sponsors are not responsible for replacing or reimbursing winners with any form of compensation for flights or events that are canceled, rescheduled or delayed. All cancellations are deemed beyond the control of Station and its sponsors. This includes, but is not limited to, event cancellations, trip schedule changes, flight cancellations, changes in travel arrangements, travel delays of any form and duration, as well as all delays or cancellations due to acts of nature, terrorism (including threats), illness or war. Additionally, Station is not responsible for any work stoppage that may affect Stationís ability to provide any of the prizes. Station is not responsible for any expenses incurred by contest winners as a result of such cancellations or delays.
f. Any prize that is awarded in the form of a gift certificate may have an expiration date and use of such certificate may be based on availability and include black-out periods, restrictions or excluded items (for example, tax, tips, alcoholic beverage, or goods from a particular manufacturer). Gift certificates are only redeemable at the locations for which they are specified.
g. Any prize involving the award of cash will be paid in the form of a company check, payable only to the winner and no other person. Checks will be ready for pick-up within 30 business days after winning.
h. In all instances in which winner has the right to select specific products, the Sponsor may limit the choice of products offered or certain specific products or manufacturers may be excluded. Winner will receive more information on such restrictions and limitations after they have been awarded the prize.
15. Odds of winning depend on the how the contest is conducted. For random drawings, the odds of winning will depend upon number of entries received. All tie breaking procedures will be announced on-air and/or communicated in writing to tied contest participants.
16. Station Management shall be the sole arbiters in all matters relating to the contest and in the interpretation of contest rules. Their decisions shall be final. Entry into the contests constitutes agreement by contestants to abide by these rules, as well as any other rules established by Station.
17. By participating in a Station contest, entrants hereby agree that Station has no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession and/or use of a prize or an entrantís participation in any such contest.
18. By participating in a Station contest, entrants hereby consents to the Station and contest sponsorsí usage of any one or more of the following for on-air broadcast and for advertising and promotional purposes without payment of additional consideration: contestantís name; voice; likeness; biographical information; his/her participation in the contest; and the substance of the contestantís telephone call.
19. Complete contest rules are available at the Station studios at 464 Putney Road, Brattleboro, VT 05301 during normal business hours of 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Monday through Friday or go online at http://www.wtsa.net.
20. Station contests are subject to all applicable laws and regulations and are void where prohibited.
21. Station reserves the right to: (i) terminate or declare any Contest null and void and rescind any prize, if in its sole judgment, the rules or the integrity of the Contest have been violated or compromised in any way, intentionally or unintentionally by any person whether or not a participant in the Contest; (ii) alter or amend these Contest rules at any time; and (iii) stop or conclude the Contest at any time without prior notice. Material changes to the contest rules will be broadcast on-air, when practical.
22. Winnerís List: For a list of winners mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to the Station address identifying the name of the particular contest that you would like to receive a winnerís list for. The Station address is PO Box 819, Brattleboro, VT 05302. All requests for winner lists must be mailed and received by the Station after the contest is over but prior to 4 months after the contest has been concluded.
23. These are general contest rules, and rules for individual contests may vary. To the extent that any specific contest rules differ from these rules, the specific contest rules will govern and control.
back to On Air Promotions
|WTSA 96.7 FM & 1450 AM, Brattleboro, VT 05302-0819
phone (802) 254-4577 / fax (802) 257-4644
Thursday, February 23, 2017